Friday, January 25, 2008

Shopping with Kristen Beason!

Kristen Beason of Kristen Beason Designs













Today Kristen and I went to Hobby Lobby. What a great store. If you are a crafter, I am sure you have heard of it. If you are not, then there is something for you as well.

She even brought gifts. A "Wicked" CD, a vine of small tiny pumpkins and a small bag of chocolates. I can't wait to listen to the CD. We are going to go see the "Wicked" musical in March. So it will be nice to be familiar with some of the songs they will sing.

I have to mention that Kristen brought her latest Auction piece for me to see. What a treat that was! You know you see peoples art on the computer all the time. But to actually see stuff in person, "WOW"! Not much more I can say than that. The detailing in this Halloween treat stand is amazing. She truly would have to be one of the most talented people I have ever met. If you get a chance stop on by and take a peek at her auction this week. If you are a Halloween collector, this item is a must have, and if you are not, buy it anyway! You will love it!

Kristen~ Thanks for the fun day today and all my goodies. You are truly a kind person. Tell Uncle Phil thanks too!

11 comments:

Kristen Beason said...

Hey Girl,
Yes today was fun and thank you for my gift! Shayne, the old man, and I are headed to get that toaster oven. I can't believe I'm going to be without an oven for another week :+(
Later tater,
Kristen
P.S.~GET THOSE HOUSE PICS POSTED!!!!!!!!!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

From the sounds of it you will be cooking in that little oven for a while. Hey! That will be your nexted project. A how to book, "How do you cook for a family of 5 on a toaster oven".

Kristen Beason said...

LOL, how do you cook for a family of 5 in a toaster oven? NOT WELL, I would presume. I'm spoiled now after seeing your oven. Chris and I are going out tomorrow to find one. I can't find tall ones. It's driving me nuts!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Target!!!!!! Oven!!!! GO!!!!!

Unknown said...

Kim, ssshh about that stand, I am bidding... though I think the competition will be fierce!

SO... where are the pics of your lovely home??? Kristen said to bug you, so I am bugging you!

Lori

Kim Hardt Originals said...

O.k. Mums the word Lori! But YOU must have this piece. It is 10 times better in person. The pictures on the computer don't capture all the detailing. I hope you win!

Carolee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Oh - and dutifully bugging you about home pics, as instructed, hehe...

~ Carolee

Kim Hardt Originals said...

I feel funny putting pictures up of my home. It is such a mix match of items. Definetly no particular style. But it is what I like and what makes me happy. Color who have to be one of those.

I will try to put some up next week. Thanks you guys.

I'm sure your homes are the same being that you guys are all artist's as well.

Kristen Beason said...

I found an oven! Not as tall as your oven, but the good thing is that it has an automatic timer. My senior moments are coming more frequently these days, so that's a good feature.

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Timer is good, I agree! I think thats where this whole mess started right. Forgeting to shut the big oven off when you were suppose to. HE! HE!

Glad you found one you like. Now the creating starts! Right!?

KIM

vintagepaletteart said...

So glad you two got to get together to meet and for a girls day out! I've never been to a Hobby Lobby....=( I know.....I'm deprived! lol And I know exactly what you mean aobut seeing a piece in person. It's always so much better!

=D *Lori