Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My new Travertine!


Hi Guys! Well I just couldn't wait to show you all my brand new beautiful floor in my master bath. I am so pleased with the way it turned out.



We still have to add the grout! Maybe tomorrow!
This is where we started back in March! Down to the bare bones of the project. This is before we took everything down like the old plumbing and insulation. New plumbing, electrical, dry wall and really like it would be if you were building a brand new home. Hey you can even see the old ugly moldy carpet. We had a problem with shower leaking under the tub. That is the main reason why all this started. Next thing you know we decided to just go for a whole new look.
This is the view from the bedroom. You can see where the double sink vanity will go and we will have french door going into the bathroom.





This is a picture of the arch that I had my hubby put in. It really makes a statement in the bathroom I believe. That is something that really got us behind. My husband is somewhat of a perfectionist and he just wanted it to be perfect. So after several weeks and weeks of drywall compound, sanding, more compound and more sanding, I believe we are done with that. The mirror will go just above the vanity. I decided to go with a big mirror and have it cut the shape of the wall. I prefer a bigger one verses two smaller ones. I am going to put 2 lighted sconces in the mirror as well. It should give the bathroom that little bit of elegance. I was going to have my husband hang a petite chandelier right by the french doors that go into the bathroom. But that plan was changed. There wasn't enough clearance for the doors to swing into the bathroom if the chandelier was hanging.




I guess I told you all that we are coming to a close. To me it seems that way. But we still have the shower to tile. I asked my husband to lay the tile on the floor and put the vanity in first before I decided on what kind of tile for the shower. I thought I could get a better idea of what I wanted then. We still have the closet to design. We made it 2 feet bigger. That might not seem like much but I am sure ladies you would agree with me that you can never have enough space in your closet. So every little bit will help.


We will finish the bathroom with all white trim, the doors, baseboards and crown molding. I think if I can just have my bed back, my toilet, and my sink in my bathroom, then I will feel somewhat back to normal. I think that should be happening in a few weeks. My husband works full time (evening shift), so I am so thankful that he got done as much as he did just doing this on the side.


I will continue to update with new pictures soon.




9 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi ya Kim ~ LOVELY new flooring! :)

Hope you are having a good week.

Best,
Chris

Anonymous said...

That bathroom is going to be so great!!! I know it is a lot of work and mess but would so love to gut our master bath and start over.

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hey Chris! How's it going! I am having a wonderful productive week. I have been crazy buzy with all kinds of stuff lately.

Thanks for the visit!

Kim

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Sheila, It has been a very long haul! I am so ready for it to be over. But it's coming along slowly.

Thanks for stopping by.

Kim

Rue said...

Hi Kim :)

I'm so glad you popped in! You've been busy!! The bathroom is going to be beautiful and the arch is perfect :)

I know what you mean about over doing it in California. It got out of control for me too. Ohio is much different and I prefer it. People back home don't get that at all.

hugs,
rue

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

I love travertine and yours is beautiful...love that you installed it at an angle. Did your husband lay it? If he did he did a really nice job because that size tile is not easy to manage. Aren't you excited to be getting closer to a finished product?!! Anxious for updates so keep them coming you lucky girl!!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow Kim you will feel like royalty in your new bathroom. The tile is lovely and the arch is a beautiful touch. Can't wait for more photos...Iva

Kristen Beason said...

Gorgeous, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you and your decorating eye!!!

Kristen

Huckleberry Arts said...

I am in Love with your new Floor!!! the arch is beautiful!

Have a beautiful day
Annette